A foreign company can also incorporate a subsidiary company in Singapore without relocate any of its staff members.
Hence, in this case, in order to meet the statutory requirement of appointing a locally resident director, you can take our nominee director service either on a long term or for a temporary time, until you appoint a suitable local director to represent your company.
Completed application form (download)
• Proposed Company Name (to check availability)
Each corporate shareholder
• Copy of incorporation certificate of parent company in home country
• Current extract of company particulars from Registrar of Companies
• Copy of MOA and AOA
• Copy of board resolution approving incorporation of Singapore company and authorized signatory
Each individual shareholder/director
• Non residents : Copy of passport and residential proof in home country
• Residents : Copy of NRIC/employment pass
For nominee director service
• Completed KYC form (download) with CV and passport
• Personal bank reference letter
Important note : All documents must be in English; or officially translated in English.
|Year 1||Year 2
|Nominee Director (per year)||1900||1900|
|Company Secretary (per year)||FREE||350|
|Registered Office Address (per year)||FREE||120|
|Nominee Director (refundable deposit)||1500||-|
Company incorporation services include government fee of SGD 315
Foreign companies have 3 options to establish their presence in Singapore by way of – a subsidiary company, a branch office or a representative office.
A subsidiary company is an ideal choice for a foreign company to establish their presence in Singapore. A subsidiary is a locally incorporated private limited company which can be wholly owned by a foreign corporate. The liability of the foreign company is limited to the share capital subscribed by the parent company.
A Singapore-based subsidiary of a foreign company is considered as a tax-resident in Singapore and is entitled to following benefits:
• Benefits under Double Taxation Avoidance Agreements (DTAA)
• Income tax exemptions on foreign sourced dividends and service income
• Exemptions available for new start-up companies, upon meeting eligibility criteria
A subsidiary company, with at least one individual shareholder with minimum of 10% shareholding, is entitled to local tax incentives. New start-up companies pay zero tax on the first S$100,000 of chargeable income for the first three consecutive years.
The Companies Act in Singapore allows 100% ownership of a subsidiary company by foreign entities.